Updating Multi Protocol Converter 8 Firmware with QuickPlay Pro 2
QuickPlay Pro 2 - is powerful commissioning software from Color Kinetics that lets you configure, setup, and test DMX Address Maps, simulate light points in a lighting installation and demonstrate lighting effects live.
Procedure to update Multi Protocol Converter 8 (MPC8) Firmware with QuickPlay Pro 2.
QuickPlay Pro 2 offers a simplified firmware update process for most devices. The Firmware update procedure for MPC8 is different then the standard process and is outlined below.
- Confirm that you have the most recent version of QuickPlay Pro 2 (QPP2)
- Download the latest Firmware for MPC8 from https://www.colorkinetics.com/global/support/downloads/firmware
- Launch QPP2 and discover the MPC8 that needs to be addressed
- Set MPC8 to bootloader mode
- Enter the MPC8 IP address in the web browser
- Navigate to the MPC8 configuration page, and upload the Firmware you downloaded
- Reboot the MPC8
Procedure is complete. MPC8 should now be updated with the latest Firmware.